Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Well......

It looks like my current group of Fulbrighters and I have been formally accused of being spies in Turkey. The following article targets 2 of my fellow fulbrighters that are in a university only 1.5 hours away. The article states that there are 54 US "intelligence officers" in various Turkish universities disguised as English teachers. The woman is a prominent reporter and has some type of political agenda.

This is scary stuff! I just wanted to teach English and have an interesting international experience! This is ridiculous.


http://www.karabukgazeteciler.com/haber/guncel/4504.html


FYI: You can use Google translate to read the article.

The story has now made national news, but the university president of my fellow aforementioned Fulbrighters has condemned the accusations. No one has been hurt because of these accusations, but it was a bit frightening for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment